Thursday 11 December 2014

Wash Day - Spontaneous Cowash and Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie first impression.

{{Woaaaaa Lonnnng title alert}}

Wash Day
When I went to bed last night and started my Nightly Routine, I took my hair down from it's bun and planned on combing my hair all the way through rather than maintaining the curls as I had been doing for the past few days, however felt knotty, coated and my scalp had that kind of *covered* feeling.

It was late - like 2am - and I contemplated moving wash day to today and pre-pooing overnight but I knew I wouldn't have time today to do it all. Sooooo I decided to cowash my hair- yes at 2am!! - and do the curl setting thing with Bantu Knots that I'd been doing for the past week but it would be more like a wash and go - although I used to think wash and go was literally well...wash and go, not wash, set, rake, dry and go lol.
I did a pre-cowash of sorts. I knew I wasn't going to do a deep condish treatment and wanted to nourish my hair a little so I slathered Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Beach Mate through my hair and put some Meridian Grapeseed Oil over it, left it on for around 1/2 hour and then cowashed with Pantene Truly Natural Hair Co-Wash Cleansing Conditoiner.
I blotted with a towel and let it air dry for a short while.
I put my hair in sections and sprayed the first one with Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer as I wanted to add a little strength. That;s when I realised I didn't detangle my hair! Not before I washed, Not during my wash, nothing. I don't know if it was because I was tired or if it's just another thing my stressed brain forgot about but I just clean forgot! I sealed the moisture with Grapeseed Oil, tried to detangle but was put off by the dry ripping feeling, grabbed my Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie, stroked the tub, smiled, opened said tub and sniffed... mmmmmm, smiled some more then told myself to get a grip and smoothed it through my hair.... LOVE!!
I detangled my hair and can I say LOVE again? I put a little Eco Styler Krystal Styling Gel from root to tip, brushed with my denman and bantu knotted. I repeated until all 8 sections were done, smotthed the front sections with a little more gel, put on my scarf and bonnet and that was a wrap.

This morning my hair hadn't dried through (not surprising given the time I went to bed...ahem)
So I dried it a little with my dryer on cool air.
My hair was fluffy and soft, and sooooo shiny. whooohooooo. I styled it into a loose high puff smoothing the front with some Eco Krystal and Creme of Nature Argan Oil Perfect Edges I put my scarf on to set and left it till I had to go out.


{{I'll insert a photo soon as my phone is crying}}
**Edited to add pics**


Items used to style hair

Trusty scarf (looove this scarf)

All set


Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie - First Impression

I really wanted to like this product - I wanted it to live up to all the hype and be worth the wait and yet a secret part of me hoped I didn't as it's sooooo expensive.
My goodness I LOVE IT!!! like straight up, first crush, LOVE.
I know I shouldn't get all ahead of myself and wait for at least a week to see how my hair likes it but Goody Goody Gumdrops I LOVE IT!!

I love the Smell - A sweet but not sickening creamy smell of tropical islands and triffle.
I love the Consistency -Thick, rich and creamy without being gloopy.
I love the Feel - Smooth and slightly blancmange like. I can feel oils but it doesn't feel greasy.
I love the *slip*
I love the way it makes my hair shine
I love the way it springs the curls I'm finding out I have.
I LOVE IT lol
The only thing I don't love is the PRICE - why Shea Moisture? WHY??

I am very tempted to try another product in this line and that was what I was dreading!! I will see how this one works out for me first though. I always need leave in spray/conditioner so If there's one is this line I may try it. I did see the much talked about Jamaican Black Castor Oil line at the shop I went to and it was a toss up between the JBCO leave in conditioner and the CAH curling smoothie.
I'm wondering how the CAHCES works like as just a moisturiser? I often use my Aunt Jackies Curl La La Defining Curl Custard as a moisturiser and it's great and has great slip so can't imagine CAHCES to be anything but great to.


The Wash Day Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)