Sunday 7 December 2014

Healthy Hair Journey Tips - Why/How I started

I love talking about all things hair and going on this HHJ has changed my whole life, yea it sounds odd but let me explain.
At one stage, my hair was the only thing I thought I had going for me. My Body was getting bigger and I didn't like the way it looked, my spiritual life was stagnant and I wasn't as close to God as I wanted to be, my Marriage/relationship with hubby was facing one of the hardest fights it has ever had, Work was a nightmare, PND was attacking my mind, my emotions were at an all time low...... I didn't want to go out, I dodged phone calls and let friendships dwindle and the only part of me that I could control and that was going well was my hair.
Then it fell out......

I tried to rectify it and started a HHJ, this led me to take stock of my life and realise I wanted to change. So I started a Healthy Body Journey, and that lead to a Life Journey. I decided that if I wanted change I had to change.

God placed different people in my life to help me with each area of my life that I needed to work on, even before I was ready to change they were there. Then when I was ready I utilised them.  Sometimes one person helped in more than one area and I will forever be grateful for their loving kindness and eternally grateful to God for His Grace.

The longer I have been on my HHJ, and the more noticeable my results, I have been asked questions about it and for advice. It is always surprising to me because I'm just me and not no big time hair font of knowledge, but I love sharing my experience, tips and just having people join me on this exciting journey and sharing together.
It was one of the most surreal moments of the year when I was addressing a room full of people at a Health seminar and they were actually interested in what I had to say and many contacted me after with questions and encouragement and embarked on their own HHJ's

Many people who are unhappy and/or frustrated with their hair haven't any idea where to start. Many don't use technology so don't know or realise that Youtube, Blogs, and Other social media exist or if they do, they don't realise they can help them and as much as it sounds odd to me I am often the only person they know who is doing this *hair thing* For the people not on any social media, I have spoken to and for those who use the internet, I have pointed them to places I go for knowledge and advice.Some people (and this is the strangest to me) want ME to advise them so I have written a few posts to answer specific questions and also put my low confidence to the side and recorded some requested videos so that I have posts that I can direct people to and also have documentation for myself to look back on and remember what worked, what didn't work, See my progress etc.

With all that being said, I am putting a few vids and posts together with tips etc.

Here's the first video:







I want to take this time to thank everyone for their love, encouragement, prayers and pep talks that helped me get my life on track and to step out of my comfort zone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)