Wednesday 10 December 2014

More Bantu Knots and I caved.

I decided to keep my bantu knots in yeaterday instead of taking them down and styling my hair. Truth be told I'm in a Blah mood at the moment and I didn't want to bother with my hair.
I wasn't going anywhere anyway so I oiled my scalp and tied a pretty scarf into a baduesque wrap.

When I got ready for bed, I lightly spritzed my hair with Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisture Mist and oiled the parts with Hairlicious (whoooop challenge going strong) Put my scarf and bonnet on and wow, shortest hair night routine in ages.

This morning I took the Bantu Knots out and my hair was lovely, soft and the curls were springy. Leaving the Bantu's in for a day had allowed my hair to completely dry and the results were fab.

I tried to take photos but they didn't come out that well as the day was somewhat overcast and the flash just made the pics black (why does that happen anyway?)
Here they are anyway:



Biiiigggg curly fro
Close up



I loved the way the front curls looked so I decided to leave two at the front and put the rest into a tight top puff. Wowwww I LOVED the curly puff. I gently scrunched the puff with some Aunt Jackies Don't Shrink Flaxseed Elongating Curling Gel {love this stuff}

So although I would rather be in a better mood the I am glad I left the bantu's to do their thing.


Ok so let's address the caving issue. I made a scheduling mistake and thought something that is actually next week was taking place today. I was already at the meeting point when I phoned my friend and she told me of my mistake - oh how we laughed *blush* - I had some time to kill while I waited for hubby to come back on his way home and decided to have a little browse in the hair shop in the area.
I forgot how BIG and how much STUFF they have. I had a good look at the hair and saw somw with a big *special offer* sign so will revisit to buy some for my next protective styling challenge (yes I love challenges, don't judge me lol).
I then went to look at the hair products and was like a kid in a candy factory!! My three fave edge tamers/controlers have finished and my Aunt Jackies will soon be finished so I decided to buy an Eco Styler gel and Curls Pasionfruit Control Paste to replace the ones that have gone walkies. They didn't have the Control Paste but I managed to pick up the Eco, I got a small tub of the clear one to have a try. I didn't want to buy the argon one as that's the missing one and I'm half hoping it will turn up soon.
Then I had the bright idea to have a look at the Shea Moisture goodies. You have to understand that anytime I'm in the hair shop I drool over the Shea Moisture products, looking, awwing and walking by so it wasn't strange for me to do it this time... and whooooopppp there was a *special Offer* sign on there too!! £3 cheaper than anywhere I've seen. Still alot pricier than my regular products but much more attainable.... the Coconut and Hibiscus Curling Enhancing Smoothie hop, skipped and jumped into my hands and before I knew it I was sitting in the car opening the jar and smilling!!

 

Yep I caved and I can't wait to try it. I don't know whether to wait till I wash my hair or dive in tonight... I do like to wait till wash day to try out new products so my hair is fresh and like a clean canvass IYSWIM hmmmmmm I don't know if I can wait, maybe I'll bring wash day forward??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)