Monday 8 December 2014

Past Couple of Nights Routine - Bantu Knots Revisited.

I have been feeling quite lazy when it comes to African Threading my hair at night. I do like the stretched results but some nights I just cant face the threading routine.

I put my hair in two cameroes/cornrows a couple nights and that was ok. I liked the results the next mornings but the ends of my hair didn't look quite right.

I have been thinking more and more about the manipulation my hair is getting and although I have been thinking about my next protective style I have been literally staring at the wash and go results I've seen on blogs,youtube and instagram. I want to give it a try but am in two minds.

I decided to do a "Moisturise, seal and go" instead. I sprayed my hair with Herbal Essences Bee Strong Spray, and oiled my scalp with Hairlicious. I was given some samples of Mixed Roots Curly Kinky Curl Control Leave In Lotion and used that to moisturise and *curlarise* my hair . I used Aunt Jackies Don't Shrink Flaxseed Elongating Curling Gel for hold.
I worked in sections and when my hair was all curly I didn't want to twist it for the night so I opted for bantu knots, I kept with the 8 sections I had been working with and put them in the knots, covered with my silk scarf and put on my satin bonnet.

The next morning my hair was slightly damp but as I was having it curly I didn't mind and I separated and scrunched.
I played around with the curly fro and flung on a silver headband, tied twice and formed a curly puff.
Please excuse the photo's, I was playing around with them for insta and I accidently saved them into black and white lololol:


Loving the curly fro
My Best Puff ever lolol


          

I loved the results from the bantu knots so much that I did them again for church the next day, This time I put my hair into a tight high puff:























I allowed my hair to set in the car and took the scarf off when we were 2mins away from church.... I must remember that scarves leave lines ......ahem.


Last night I thought I'd bantu knot again but wouldn't comb out the curls and re set them, but instead lightly ran my fingers through to distribute the products. I changed the moisturiser and used Organix Curling Perfection Defining Cream and Organix Renewing Argan Oil Of Morocco Penetrating Oil{what a loooong name} to seal before adding the Aunt Jackies gel.

The curly puff today was even better than Sunday's!! I will be doing it again tonight but will change it up tomorrow night as my hair starts to get knotty if not combed through to the ends after 2 or 3 days.
I don't know how people leave their hair in buns for days without their hair getting messy, I sleep so bad my hair looks like wuzzle gummage styled it if left in a bun overnight much less days. It's always been like that from a child to now.

hmmmmmm still not sure which protective style to go for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)