Monday 12 January 2015

Protective styling refresh

I am in the middle of a protective style jaunt and am missing my hair already. It's about 2 and 1/2 weeks. I am aiming on leaving my hair in for 4 weeks, then taking it out and washingmy hair then putting it away for another 4 weeks.... phewww not sure if I can do it.

The front of my hair was looking a little messy and I noticed I had to use a lot of the edge control to smooth it down. The closure also looked like it needed "tightening" so last night I took the hair down, re plaited the perimeter canerows/cornrows/camroes moisturising  with Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Hold and Shine and Curl Enhancing Smoothie and sealing with Enriched Grapeseed Oil as I went. I also oiled my scalp with Hairlicious.
I was amazed at how soft and well moisturised my hair was when I un-did the plaits. That SMC&H stuff is fab!!

I sewed the unit back on and set the hair on flexirods for church the next morning.... well it ended up being very late so more like for later *blush*
I have to say I am impressed with the look of the hair. Being synthetic I was sceptical of how long it would last but I do remember using synthetic hair alot back in the day as a teen when I couldn't afford more with my pocket money lol.



Here's the packs of hair. The bundle pack was on special offer whoooop. I thought it wouldn't be enough so I picked up a pack with two coloured bundles they didn't have the exact same texture but it was close enough:


Janet Natural Brazillian Bundle and Weaving Net


I decided to try a weaving net instead of a dome cap as it was quite hot last time. I don't know which one I prefer to be honest. I did like the dome cap with holes before but the nets are thinner so look flatter but then they don't last as long.


I love the colour and it reminds me of the natural colour you get from using henna:


lovely colour!



The top and closure are 1b and the bottom is the lovely red colour so it has a kind of ombre effect.


When I first made the unit the hair was a tangled mess and I didn't even want to put it anywhere near me but I threw leave in and Silicon Moisturiser at it and it tamed it right down lol.

I do like the hair but it gets tangled very easily and sheds like crazy but I did expect that, with it being synthetic and all. I just set it up at night and keep it moving.


I'm thinking about getting a curly style for the next round after I wash my hair..... hmm not sure though.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)