Tuesday 5 August 2014

Wash Day Blow OUT

Hmmmm not doing so great on the posting here am I? In my defence School Summer Holiday is in FULL effect and the little munchkins are keeping me very busy, along with all the extra projects I've added to my already packed schedule..... yea, blogging got pushed way back.

I knew I would have to tweak my wash day on Wednesday as the house was dry... no groceries for my family meant I would have to go and brave the stores but that meant I couldn't lounge work hard around the house with conditioner on my head till evening and air dry overnight. I HAD to blowdry my hair.... duh duh duuhhhhh.... I have such a fear of heat tools now I'm smack bang on a HHJ, I cannot believe someone who used hair dryers and Straighteners willy nilly before has gone for so long without them. Truthfully I don't miss them much, I do get the odd hankering to buss out the GHD's but really I have grown to love air drying.
This wash day however I would have to put my fears of my hair falling to the ground at the first waft of air and suck it up.
With that in mind I decided to do my overnight pre-poo with conditioner again, this time using Kanechom Ceramidas (ceramides) I put it on the hair like I would use a moisturiser and sealed with an oil blend of Grapeseed, enriched coconut and JBC oils.

When I got up and went to rinse my hair I thought about a protein treatment to prep my hair for blow drying. The only thing was I wasn't due one, I really am not trying to get protein overload again but I just felt I needed something so I reached for my long forgotten tub of Motions Deep Penetrating Treatment. I got it ages ago for the protein part of my hair reggie but have found others like the little packs that I use instead. I remembered that it made my hair feel soft but strong so didn't feel too nervous, Im thinking it's probably a light protein. I put it on my hair, covered it with a cap and let it stay on for about 10mins.

I rinsed it out and my hair felt soft but strong, washed with my usual sulfate free shampoo, needed to wash twice.

I Loved the coffee rinse last wash day so decided to do another one rather than normal tea rinse. I made a strong brew of coffee and added a green tea bag.
It made my hair feel fab! Again it was strong, but soooo fluffy. My hair actually squeaked when I squeezed the water out. I blotted the excess water off. I loved the dark colour it gave my hair.

I wanted to use a different condish mix so went for Organix Macadamia masque, Aplanandora, Atractiva and enriched coconut oil. It felt sooooo wrong not using my trusty kanechom karite in the mix lol.
It was a nice mix, thicker than normal which I liked but not as slippy, it wasn't difficult to detangle my hair but not as easy as it usually is. I left it on my hair with a cap and scarf for a couple hours while I did the "summer hols mummy thing"
When I went to rinse it out, my hair felt smooth and very curly. I finished with a cool rinse and then an ACV rinse.

I put some EVCO through my hair, wrapped it in an overgrown vest(my tshirt alternative lol) and let it airdry for a while.

I decided to try a roller set to minimise amount of direct heat.
I oiled my scalp, used my PMMS for moisture, Ojon Super Sleek Restorative Blowout Perfector and a bit of Aplanadora leave ins, and PMSSS to seal. I grabbed my Creme of Nature argan oil foaming wrap lotion (a blast from the past - I picked it up near the beginning of HHJ if not before) and attempted to roll up my hair, I used big magnetic ones and bobby pins and whoah I need practice, I'm not feeling them that much, I like the grippy ones better, I had to use two of them for the back as I ran out and they seemed to work well. My hair at the front was far from smooth and I had to redo a couple rolls but thought I'd be blowing hair out anway so smoothness would be ok. I put a net over rollers and popped my Sleep In Rollers Bonnet dryer on my head. After realising my new dryer doesn't fit on the elasticated tube, I reached for my old one and away I was. I used the cool setting and put it to medium a couple times but could only bear to leave it on for a minute or so then put it back to cool.
I really like the hooded dryer and am glad I went for it, If I remember rightly it was part of an offer or something. It really gets the job done and as I cant get a hood dryer its a great get by. I had a little read and a snack while everyone went out to various places.

When my hair finished drying, (or I thought it had) and everyone apart from eldest son came back I went on to the taking down of rollers, hair was slightly damp in some areas but I knew I'd blow it out so went ahead and sprayed Tresamme heat protectant on my hair (I know I over did the heat protectors, but I was fraid!! lol)

I think I may have added more PMSSS I cant even remember.
I dried my hair in sections using tension method with my denman brush. When all my hair was dry I went through it all and WOW!! I had a big fluffy cloud on my head lol, I loved it and I could see a little off the growth I've retained over the last year. It's not fully clear as my roots weren't fully stretched but I had a sneak peak. I will have a better look when I straighten but wont be for now as it's summer hot at the moment. I was planning on doing it at year mark but will wait till weather cools down a bit. Something to look forward to hey ;)

I ran a bit of Argan Oil through my cloud and styled it up in a middle bun and the front in a whipped puffy fringe thingy and off out to grocery hunt.

Whoooooaaaaahhhh A loooong Wash Day I was tired tired after shopping. I did like the way my Blowdried hair behaved and it was sooooo easy to style. Even moisturising and sealing was a synch as was styling the next day. I do however like airdrying overnight and breaking up the stages so I can get on with the stuff I need to do in-between. I may revisit air drying during the day maybe and see how that goes.


Unfortunetly, the pictures I took of my lovely fluffy cloud and style are too blurry so I cant post them.














 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)