Thursday 24 July 2014

Wash Day(s)

I have obviously been washing my hair but I always forget or don't get around to writing them up. I really mean to and even take pics but the posts just don't get there.
I want to have a written log so I can see what actually works and what doesn't. Am I doing something that doesn't agree with my hair or is there something that really makes my hair smile?

I also want to see which products to keep in my staples, which ones to rebuy and which ones need to be thrown off a high cliff never to grace my stash again.

I will try to keep up to date with wash day logs and with that this post will discuss the few recent wash days I've had.

Wash day (a)
Wash
I prepped my hair overnight with EVCO after detangling.
Next day I pre-poo with my mix (honey, coconut milk powder, elastercizer, oil blend)
Wash with my Loreal natural macadamia sulfate free shampoo - only needed one wash, rinsed.
Tea rinse (peppermint, rooibos, thyme, esential oils)
Deep Condish with mix (Silicon mix, Kanechom karite conditioning mask, Aplanadora, oil blend) Rinsed with cool water.
ACV rinse.
Towel blot, Rubbed EVCO through hair and wrapped hair to dry a little.
Used leave ins - can't remember if I used creme of nature recon, elasta qp or pantene spray, kanechon karite leave in, oil blend to seal and on scalp and Paul Mitchell super skinny relax balm and threaded overnight.


Wash Day (b)
I wanted to join in with 30 day with ceramides challenge from one of my fave bloggers so added some in this wash day

Wash 
I prepped my hair overnight with Hairlicious, Avocado oil and EVCO after detangling. Used GHE.
Pre-poo added Kanechom ceremidas conditioning mask to mix
wash with the same Shampoo, rinsed.
Tea rinse (peppermint, rooibos, thyme, added dried lemongrass and lavender buds to tea strainer ball and seeped with tea)
Deep Condish with mix (Alapanadora, Organix macadamia mask, kanechom karite conditioning mask, oil) Rinsed with cool water.
ACV rinse
Towel blot, Rubbed EVCO through hair and wrapped hair to dry a little.
Leave ins - Pantene Instant Damage Defence Conditioning spray, Giovani direct leave in(got a couple of travel sizes to try - review on way), oil blend on scalp and to seal, chi keratin infusion. Banded hair overnight to air dry.

Wash day (c)

My hair has been a little dry and frizzy I think it's the heatwave we've been having. It's also getting thicker, I'm sure it's a result of the bamboo and hairlicious again whooooop.
started using Organic Grapeseed oil to seal and for scalp for the last few days to stay on track with 30 day ceremide.

Prepped hair last night, tried something else to tackle dry frizz I doused my scalp with Organic Grapeseed oil, used Kanechom Argan conditioning mask as I woul a moisturiser and sealed with the Grapeseed oil. Used GHE and wowwwwww it was way too hot, scarf and cap came loose so many times and fell off all together couple of times...... not lovely at all.

When I got to the bathroom I had all intentions of just going straight into washing as I had used condish overnight but the fromt was a little dry and frizzy were the cap and scarf escaped during the night so I wet hairline a little, the rest was damp and ran a little elastisizer through hair, capped and left on for a short while.
My hair looked gorgewah! the curls really jumped about and soooo fluffy and soft. It made me want to try wash and go's - maybe when my hair gets a little longer. or when I decide to chop the ends right off (the urge to big chop is growing)

Washed with same shampoo - needed to wash and repeat this time 'round, rinsed.
Tea and COFFEE rinse!!
 I've noticed those pesky broken hairs and a few more shedded ones too this week, infact for the          last two weeks the number of both have increased - not as much as my dreaded hairfall episode - but enough to make me sit up and take action. soooooo I thought I'd give coffee a try, I had already started seeping the tea mix (peppermint, rooibos, thyme and dried lavender buds) so I added the coffee into it and left it to seep together.
The smell was weird - all the mix up mix up - and it was messy - but I enjoyed the coffee addition , it left my hair sooooo fluffy (I know I use that alot) and not stripped at all. Plus it made my hair darker. like a wash in colour rinse. I loved it. Plus when I went to section my hair to deep condish, the hair separated so easily.
Deep Condish with mix (silicon mix bambu, Kanechom Karite, Aussie 3 minute reconstruter,enriched coconut oil, lavender buds) the lavender had fallen into the sink when I filled the tea strainer ball and it seemed bad to waste it but ugh, when I put condish onto hair the buds were not friendly and theny looked like buggy creatures and felt yuck!!
The condish is still on my hair as I type. I'll rinse it off in a mo and finsish of wash sequence as before.
My leave ins will be Dove intensive repair leave in conditioning spray, Giovanni direct leave in, hairlicious for scalp and hairline/edges, light sealing with Orgainic Grapeseed and paul mitchell super skinny serum and thread up for the night.

I had planned to maybe Blow out my hair as I have a packed weekend with woman's conference and air dry can take looong . The next day the stretch of my newgrowth isn't as nice as the second day but we'll see. If my roots are damp/puffy I may blow dry on cool. we'll see.

Wash day saga over lololol


ps. thought I'd add some texture shots just because ;)
please excuse quality.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)