Saturday 1 July 2017

Using My Stash: Curly Kids Curly Creme Conditioner.


A couple years ago I started a little challenge to use up my Hair Stash products.
I called it Product Junkie Rehab you can find the first post HERE and the used items HERE and HERE .... yes I blogged only two items.... I did use up items (obviously) from then to now but I also bought lots of stuff too.

This time around I am using my stash without buying anything else (on the whole I have been great but I must confess to buying three items since I started around March this year - quite good considering my past pj tendencies).
This is part of my general house declutter and also I plan on using all the products I have and then using more natural products especially my Kokolicious goodies.

Anywhooo..... I thought it would be great to document my stash use up for interest and added motivation but also to review the items I use. If I need to purchase an item in the future I'll be able to choose an item I know is good and works for my hair.
Hopefully the reviews will be helpful for you too :) .

Okaaaayyyyy......

The first item I'm talking about is Curly Kids Curly Creme Conditioner - (Leave in Conditioner)

I have purchased this many times in the past, in fact I had one in my "to use" pile in the posts.





 Definition from official site:

Excellent leave-in conditioner that adds vital moisture and shine. Hair will become noticeably healthier and easier to manage. Minimizes breakage and damage due to dryness.
This product does not contain petrolatum, mineral oil, sulfates or paraben!


 Ingredients (from my tub):
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetereath-20, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, BIS (C13-15 Alkoxy) PG Amodimethicone, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Phenoxyethanol.


My Experience/Review:
As mentioned before, I have repurchased this item many times. I love the way it makes my hair feel. I use and recommend this as a cheaper (money wise) alternative to Shea Moisture's Cocout and Hibiscus curl enhancing smoothie.
The branding reminds me of Mixed Chicks.
I love that it's parben free and also no mineral oil/ petroleum


Texture:
This has a rich, creamy consistency that I love. It is thick but not too heavy and has a whipped like feel rather than a dense one.






Fragrance:
A sweet, tropical smell, Coconuts and pineapples. I really like the fragrance it doesn't smell like a fully natural smell but neither is it highly synthetic. The smell isn't sickly and it lingers on the hair long after application.


Value for Money:
Approx £3.99 for 170ml/ 6fl oz -The price is really good. It is very affordable especially for the quality




Pros:
No parabens.
No Mineral Oil.
Great Price.
Lovely fragrence.
Hair feels moisturised when using.
Has a thick and creamy consistency which really works for my hair.
Can be found in local Hair Shops I have looked in. (its in all of the ones I've looked in)



Cons:
Can cause build up if used for many days or too much.
Jar is smaller than I would prefer (although the price is so good, repurchase isn;t an issue just a little inconvenient.



Would I repurchase?
I would and have repurchased again. I would and have recommended this product to others.
My only issue would be that I looked online for ingredients (I was too lazy to get the tub and type out the ingredients) and many stores had Dimethocone and Paraffinum Liquidum (paraffin oil) listed, I knew for sure my one didn't have that so double checked my tub and they definitely are not listed on there.
The manufacturer website claims - This product does not contain petrolatum, mineral oil, sulfates or paraben!
I'm not sure why there is discreprencies there.... makes me wonder. Maybe the ingredients have changed?
I will have to check the tub if I go to purchase in the (very distant lol) future.

Curly Kids Curly Creme Conditioner -  can be found in local Hair Shops (beauty supply store)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)