Monday 30 November 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday - 30/11/2015

I saw this from last year and it's taken me this long to get around to joining.
I have been thinking about my being at home/out of work a lot lately. In some ways I am much happier at home, my health is far better than when I was at work. The boys are much happier (one of the man reasons for leaving my job) I can spend time with hubby and work on keeping our marriage healthy too.

I'm trying to be the best me I can, in every area of my life, I find making lists, setting goals and taking part in challenges keep me on track and help me from getting overwhelmed.

My thinking is that Happy Homemaker Monday will help me organise my week and lots of fun also.





The weather:::

Windy, cold and rainy.

As I look outside my window:::

It's amazing how dark it is so early. It was sooo dark at 5pm today. 

Right now I am:::

Sitting on my bed with two boys (the oldest of which is teasing me) talking to hubby who has just arrived home from work.


Thinking:::


About making dinner and organising youth Christmas Dinner.


On my reading pile:::


His Baby Bond.
Daily Devotions: Walking Daily In The New Testament and Proverbs.
8 Reasons Your Life Matters. 

On my TV - programmes I'm loving:::


Empire
Blackish
Doctors 
Step It Up



On the menu for this week:::

**will add changes if any apply**
Monday - Chicken and Prawn Stir fry and Seasoned rice. (middle son requested Chinese so a compromise)
Tuesday - Cottage Pie. **Paella and Haddock fillets**
Wednesday - curry Goat and Rice. **Beef Stew with Butter Beans and Rice**
Thursday - Pasta Bake.
Friday - Pizza for the boys, Chicken Wraps for parents.
Saturday - Hot Dogs and Oven Chips or Wedges.
Sunday - Beef Stew with Butter Beans and Rice.
 
On my to do list:::


Chirstmas decorations (buy and make)
Buy hubby some socks.
Make a new cleaning schedule for Christmas countdown. 
Sort out planners. 
Sort out Christmas Elf and "Days Until"
Buy and decorate Christmas Tree 

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::


Christmas Decorations and Cards



Looking forward to this week:::


Thursday - Mid week church project
Friday - Youth Group
Sunday - Church 



Listening to - Songs I'm loving:::


I'm loving Noel Robinson's Outrageous Love album. Being at the live recording was awesome. I purchased the CD at a Prophetic Worship course where he was teaching one of the nights. The album is amazing and we all listen to it in the car when we go out. Each boy has there fave. I like all the songs but the ones that I play over and over are - 
You give me life.
Rain, 
Outrageous Love, 


From the camera:::



walking amongst the fallen leaves, golden and pretty.






On my prayer list:::



My Friend's Sister.
Thursday Church Project.
To enrich my relationship with God, to be closer and spend more time.



Bible verse, Devotional:::


Verse:
2 Chronicles 7:14 - 
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Inspiration/devotion: 
I'm not sure who the author of the quote is but I saw it on instagram and it really resonated with me. As someone who is fighting low self esteem this was a right time, right now encouragement.






I'll add the link to the main blog when it goes live as my timezone is different.

***Edit ***
Here's DOASAHM's HHM Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)