Friday 16 December 2016

Blogmas day 16 - Top 5 Favourite Christmas Scents







Helloooo!! I'm shamelessly ignoring the fact that a few days have gone past since my last post....

Today's Blogmas post is all about my fave Christmas Scents.

There are so many scents that scream Christmas to me - these also include scents that some "smart" person has just stuck the word Christmas in front to make a few ££s. I love the sweet scents and also the spicy ones.
There's also some scents that don't really fit into a category of their own.

My top 5  faves, In no particular order are;

Christmas Cookies (see what I mean lol) - I am drawn to the candles that have this scent, different brands have different names like Cookies for santa etc. The scent is sweet but spicy with a buttery undertone but with enough spice to cut through and keeps it from being sickly. Strong vanilla can give me migraines so I stay away from the candles, fragrances etc that add too much.

Mulled Spice - Something about mulled fruits just brings a Christmasey feeling and whether it's from a candle, drink or even a diy stove top room scent, I can't get enough of it.

Pine - Pine cones, Pine needles... just pine!! Such a crisp and earthy scent. It doesn't get more Christmastime than this rich memory inducing fragrance.

Orange and Clove - There's something about this combination that soothes my mind. It's warming but also refreshing. It's another stove top diy scent that I love to make. I will be trying to make sliced orange and clove pot pourri this year and maybe the whole oranges with cloves baked inside as decor.


Frankincense, Lavender and Rosemary - I know this an odd combination but Frankincense is definitely up there with the quintessential Christmas scent, (It's also one of my fave essential oils.) The Lavender adds a lovely floral zing and the rosemary pushes an earthy fragrance which cuts through the sweetness. I love to add this to oil burners and my humidifier.


I have to be honest and say that I love these scents so much that I actually enjoy them all year round. With the Christmas Cookie and Pine ones, I try and stock up with candles in theses scents at Christmas time so I can burn them during the year when they aren't largely available.


Which Christmas scents do you love? Or even don't like at all?
Catch up tomorrow xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)