Thursday 14 May 2015

Wash Day - Wash and GO

As I may have mentioned ( a zillion times lol) I've been wearing my hair curly for the last couple months and this wash day I set my hair in a wash and go.... I'm not sure why it's called that as I don;t literally wash and go.... more like wash,style and sleep :p

My hair was really in need of a wash this time round as I had missed my normal day due to a very packed week and I really got some good use out of my Herbal Essences Clearly Naked (0%) Dry Shampoo. 

I had the school run to do so I put my pre poo on before I left, this time round I used the american Aussie Moist and some Organic/Raw Coconut Oil. I smoothed it through my hair, put my hair in a low bun and tied a slim head scarf round the front.

When I came back, I washed my hair with L'Oreal Professhinnel Serie Nature Riche Macadamia Shampoo, rinsed with tea rinse (today's was a mix of Nettle, Peppermint, Star Anaise, lavender and a "relax" blended tea with rosemary EO)


Deep Conditioner Mix

I removed excess water and applied my deep conditioning mix, I wanted to add a small amount of protein as I had been using a moisturising condish to refresh my wash and go all week so grabbed my Kanechom Leite de Cabra (Goat Milk) Hair Moisturising Mask and mixed it with NAAT Silicon Moisturizing Hair Mask (my silicon mix bambuu is finished *wail*), Sunny Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil and some essential oils (Jasmine, cinnamon, rose) I knew I would be doing the afternoon school run with the condish on my hair so I didn't add coconut milk powder.
This mix was fantastic!! It was soft and went thru my hair so well. I had curls on my curls ;) and the "slip" was amazing.
I covered my head with my conditioning cap and a head scarf. When it was time for school run I slicked my hair into a low bun and tied the slim head scarf at the front again. It was quite a sunny day so my hair had a lovely sun generated heat. I replaced the cap and scarf when I got home.

Now I must own up, I did plan on washing the deep condish out and styling the wash and go so that it had a chance to airdry before bed buuuttttt..... I had so much to do that it was bedtime before I knew it and the condish was still on my hair waiting..... Ugh, I almost just left it on and slept but I knew my hair would be angry and mushy! so I dragged my self to the shower, rinsed it out, finished with an Apple Cider Vinegar  rinse and wrapped my hair in a vest to remove excess water.



Leave Ins


I decided to follow a tip I picked up from a few vlog/bloggers and styled my hair while it was wet instead of allowing to dry a little as usual.
I rubbed some Organic/Raw Coconut Oil  through my hair then sectioned in 4. I then worked in two sections of each 4.
I was gonna use my Kanechom Karite Butter Hair Moisturising Cream(condish) as my styler but decided to use the  Kanechom Karite Butter Leave In Styling Cream instead as I had used it to refresh in the week as I needed a lighter moisturiser and fell back in love with it (should have went with first choice) oiled my scalp with an oil and eo blend. I really liked how the JBCO made my hair feel during the condish session and thought I'd use it with some ORCO to seal. I finished off with my well loved Eco Styler Krystal Styling Gel.
I put my hair in four twists, banded in two pigtails either side, slicked the front down with more gel, tied the front down then covered all with a light scarf - it came off in the night but I didn't bother to re-tie it as I was sleeping on my satin pillow case and thought my hair may dry better without scarf.

In the morning my hair still wasn't dry so I used dryer on cool and warm to finish drying, pulling each twist gently.
I did like the results but wished I'd used the kanechom condish instead of the styling cream. I pulled the top section of my hair back, clipped it up, leaving the back section down and put on two thin double alice bands. (ugh!! the band was twisted and knotted up at bedtime!)

I am loving the curly hair styles and aim to wear my hair this way for the next couple of weeks. I am getting the straightening bug more and more but want to keep off the heat for a while longer.
Maybe I'll do another no heat rollerset to stretch and slick my hair out in a few weeks time - compromise lol.


{It's been a while but I am joining the wash day experience this week, can't wait to have a browse at everyone's wash day posts (glad I'm not the only one that loves having a nosey at wash days lol) }

The Wash Day Experience

NAAT Silicon Moisturizing Hair Mask i
NAAT Silicon Moisturizing Hair Mask i
NAAT Silicon Moisturizing Hair Mask iV
NAAT Silicon Moisturizing Hair Mask i

2 comments:

  1. Hey Peechy! I totally agree that the name "wash and go" seems completely misleading! Do you like the Eco Styler gel? Does it have a good hold without flaking? I'm sooo anti-gel but I really want a holding product for my wash and go that will hold the curl...

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KLP!! I love Eco styler. At the moment I am using the "Krystal" one but also like the "Argan oil" one. They both have great hold and I don't find they flake at all (I hate gel flakes) I find Fantasia IC does flake in my hair although a few people dont seem to have that problem. Another gel you could try is the Aunt Jackies "Don't Shrink" it has flaxseed and I love it too.
      I use both gels for wash and gos and also slicking so they are versatile. The price for eco styler is fab!! You can get a ginormous tub for around £3

      hope that helps, please let me know if you try it out xxx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)