Friday 3 April 2015

Good Friday!!

Today is Good Friday, The day when Jesus died for our sins.

Although I am aware that Jesus came to earth and died and rose again everyday, it really seems to resonate over the Easter period and on Good Friday especially.

I have many battles to face, daily I am faced with my own inner voice taunting, shouting and bringing me down. Then the external voices weigh in and make me stop in my tracks at times.
I am going through a hard time at the moment but know this will pass.
A few months ago I had a down phase and it knocked me for six. I really had to dig deep and claw my way to get out of the tangled chains but I made it and now I feel the dark cloud threatening to engulf me I am trying to do the same thing and pull myself out.

I am using the significance of Good Friday and remembering that every hurt, pain and depressive thought I have was nailed on that cross with my Saviour.
I am comforted to know that He feels my hurts and pains, He knows how I feel and cares.
When He arose, He conquered everything that could keep me bound and set me free, even when it doesn't feel like it, I AM FREE.

Life can be hard at times but I am thankful for life, that I am living, that I want to live. There was a time when I really didn't want to be but I really do want to live and that alone is reason to be thankful.

With all that being said, I hope you all are having a great Easter so far. Here's one of my fave songs that really bring the Easter theme to life, enjoy xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)