Monday 9 March 2015

Natural Monday- Aloe Rose Water Face Mask

Today my face felt a little irritated. It was like this yesterday too so I decided to give it some love with a face mask.

I knew I wanted to use Rose Water and Aloe Vera Gel for their soothing, refreshing and numerous benefits.
I wanted a little extra boost so reached for my amla and shikakai powders.

Here's the recipe if you would like to try it too:

1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera Gel (you can use fresh but I went for packaged to save time)
1 teaspoon Amla Powder
1 teaspoon Shikakai Powder
1/2 teaspoon Vitamin E Oil
4 caps ( approx 3 tablespoons) Rose Water( I wanted a very thin mask not a thick one but would recommend using 1 and 1/2 tablespoons)
3 drops Rosemary EO (optional - please don't use if pregnant and check with GP if you have any medical concerns before using this or any other essential oil)



I placed the items in a bowl, mixed with a brush and applied to my freshly washed face with the same brush.


I loved the consistency and the way the mask instantly made my face feel soothed and calm. As the mask dries it gently tightens but no way feels hard. It's actually a nice feeling.

I left the mask on for 15-20 mins and rinsed of with warm water.

My face really felt happier and the soreness had gone. I applied a little coconut oil to my face and it felt lovely and soft.

Here's a few notes about the ingredients and why I chose them;
The ingredients are packed with vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants.
Aloe Vera Gel - moisturising, soothing, healing, cooling, anti- inflammatory, nutrient packed.
Amla Powder - Amla, or Indian Gooseberry, is a power packed fruit. I used it for it smoothing, softening, brightening properties.
Shikakai Powder - Made from pods, leaves and bark of the Shikakai tree, this powder is used on the hair and is known as hair fruit but Is also great on the skin, I added it to make use of the cleansing, nourishing, anti-bacterial, brightening,
Vitamin E Oil - soooo many benefits to using this oil the list is long but I added it as it's anti-oxidant, cell renewing, anti-inflammatory, healing, moisturising, penetrating, restorative, soothing, cleansing.
Rose Water - revitalising, soothing, hydrating, softening, nourishing, cooling, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial.
Rosemary EO - cleansing, rejuvenating, antiseptic, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory,  stimulates circulation, encouraged cell growth, healing, invigorating. 

If you cannot find the powders or don't wish to use them you can just leave them out or you can substitute them for your fave clay or powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)