Sunday 14 September 2014

Catch Up- Protective Style decision

Sooooooo....... I did decide to plait up my hair well.. I had made the decision to either twist or plait lololol, I do like the look of twists... I looked online for some inspiration and to look closer at crochet braids as I haven't done them before... plaits and twist extensions yes but I want the crochet braids to look nice. After searching I came across a couple of examples that used pre-plated hair! Whaa?! I can sort off remember pre-plated weave hair back in the day and wondering if there was plaiting hair too but I always looked right past it... and now its the most perfect thing for crochet braids!! The time that will be saved, whoooooop!!
With excitement I went searching online and in stores for some pre-plaited hair but SNAGGG I can only find it in US!! Its cheap as chips over there but shipping is a..... (insert appropriate, or inappropriate word lol) yea, its that bad.

The only thing half near it is dreadlock braids..... not gonna work.... I see people raving about marley hair as its kinda pre sectioned but it's a bit course for me...... plus costs nearly double than the cheapo braiding hair - gah!!

Well, I was in the store and after two workers looked at me like I had three heads and the last one who was helpful but not fruitful my eye glanced at some hair and caught the words "One pack" I looked closer and saw a really pretty ombre looking hair in a red and brown.... The pack was £15.99 and  came with 4 "bundles" of hair in 12, 16, 18,18 and 20 inches and what?? a free closure? - and yea it was a mix/blend of "real" and synthetic but.... the colour grabbed me and I had played with synthetic unit earlier this year so why nit try this?
I asked hubby and he was surprised that I had chosen the red colour, after confirming that it was red I chose he was very happy for me to get the red colour lolololol, I wanted a change and as I never have colour in my hair I wanted to have a go.
Soooo I grabbed the box, got some bits needed to turn it into a instant weave unit and paid.

Here's a "borrowed pic" of the hair pack:











I did all the day time stuff and in the night, I washed my hair and while it was airdrying I went to work on my unit.... I opened the box and GAHHHH!! The hair was all one colour!!! Gahhh..... What a nahnah I didn't even check the hair..... dohhhhh I just couldnt be asked to change it next day and  I had somewhere to go the day after...... dohhhhh I told hubby and he said to use it and he'd get me the red pack at the weekend... lololol see I told you he was feeling the red.

After all said and done, I made the unit and installed it. It's been a few months since I did this whole weave thing but it came out ok to me, the hair is nice, the closure is a little small and the "knots" aren't dyed, nor is the lace part so its a bit bait looking but hey it will do. I need to sort it out, will flatten it later and when I need to re sew it down I'll bring it forward. In the meantime I'll use my trusty JC headband.

Camerow pattern, Closure installed

Finshed results, Closure needs "flattening"













Sooooo... regarding the colour, I had the bright idea why not colour it?!That way I would save some of hubbys money, dye is cheaper than the hair pack right? And even though the store I got it from is on the pricey side so I'm sure its cheaper elsewhere, I'm sure I can do this dyeing stuff.... I used to dye my own and others hair back in the day and remember my studies and hair salon days.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)