Friday 22 April 2016

Wash Day Recap - Part 1

I realise I haven't published a wash day post for ages!! I have obviously been washing my hair lol. I just haven't been documenting them. I have been posting on Instagram as it is somewhat easier and quicker but as it's easier to look back on what works wash day wise on the blog I thought it was a good idea to post a few "lost" wash days to keep an eye on what I have been doing/using.



Jan 18th (Two Cane/Cornrows/Cameroes):


Jan 18 wash day

I was trying to combat the scalp issues I was having (see This post for further info) and wanted to keep my regime(n)/routine as simple as possible and also use products to target the problem and/or as natural as it could be.
Cleanse -  Sheamoisture African Black Soap shampoo.
Tea Rinse - Nettle, Fennel and Peppermint tea mix.
Deep Conditioner - Coconut Milk Powder, Avocado Oil, Manuka Honey and Sheamoisture African Black Soap Purification Masque.
Leave Ins - Eden Bodyworks Peppermint Tea Tree oil and Jojoba Monoi Hair Milk, Sheamoisture African Black Soap Elixir, Avocado and Pumkinseed oil mix.

The deep conditioning mix felt great and applied to my hair like a dream. I used a shower cap, hottie and scarf to generate heat while I cooked. (I actually forgot about that!! I will deffo use the hottie next week) It was getting late so I'm went under the dryer for a little while then plait my hair in two cane/corn/cameroes.


Feb 16th (Wash and Go):

Feb 16 wash day





I was sooo excited to use the Aubrey, Anita Grant and Jane Carter products I was given.

Overnight Pre-poo - Jane Carter Restore Moisture Mist, Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, and Anita Grant Organic Sapote Castor Oil. (I applied them as if I was moisturising and sealing).
Tea rinse - Hibiscus Petals, Essential Oils (Lemongrass and Peppermint) infused in boiling water.
Deep Conditioner - Manuka Honey, Coconut milk powder, pumpkin seed and mustard seed oils mixed into a paste and added some Aubrey Island Natural Avocado Oil and Mango.
Leave Ins - Sheamoisture African Black Soap Dry Scalp Elixr and Coconut&Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk, Anita Grant Sapote Castor Hair Oil, Avocado oil (for scalp and mixed with the castor oil for sealing). Eco styler gel (argan) and Curls Pasion Fruit Curl Control Paste (I wanted to "weigh down" my hair).

The tea rinse smelt really nice as did the conditioning mix!! Both really agreed with my hair and it was soooo soft. The conditioning mix had great slip.


 18th March Quick Wash and Go:

March 18 wash day




The video for this wash day can be found in This post. I thought it would be beneficial to add them in "written form" for a reminder.

Cleanse - Pantene for naturals Cowash 
Deep Conditioner - Capilo La Aplanadora Treatment and Cantu Deep Treatment Masque
Leave Ins - Nexxus Encapsulate Caviar Serum, Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk, Eden Bodyworks Hair Milk (Jojoba Monoi) Kokolicious Hairlicious Hair Growth Oil, Aunt Jackies Don't Shrink Flaxseed Gel.

I loved the way this wash and go turned out!


March 24th Clarifying Wash:




Pre-poo - (overnight) Aunt Jackies In Control Conditioner.
Cleanse - My hair needed a good clarify so I grabbed my Ors Creamy Aloe Shampoo. I noticed my bottle is almost finished!! I have about two more washes left in this one. 
Deep Conditioner - After the shampoo, I needed a moisture boost so grabbed both my Kanechom Karite Butter Hair Mask and Capilo La Aplanadora Hair Treatment. (Trying to use up my conditioner stash.)
 
Nb, For some reason my hair was quite tangly when It was time to rinse conditioner out. So I had the detangle with my wide tooth rake comb.


Since this post is getting so long and I keep stopping and starting *blush*
I'll split it into two. I have really enjoyed looking back and having a look at the products I used, hopefully this is interesting for you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)