Saturday 21 February 2015

Catch Up - Wash Day - Protective Style Prep.

Oh my goodness!! I was looking forward to this wash day in a way!

I missed not washing it while it was hidden away. I decided to give my hair an intensive wash day including a protein treatment as I was planning to plait my hair up for the next PS stint.

Washday; Overnight Pre-Poo



I removed the extensions, undid the cornrow/canerow/cameroes, put my hair in 4 sections and finger detangled.
I sprayed Shea Moisture C&H H&S MM onto my hair and oiled my scalp with my Hairlicious. Next I finally got to use the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist I couldn't wait to try it as I have been hearing so much about it. I found it in my local Hair Shop in it's "import" section. I have been using the 3 minute aussies that are available here but haven't been able to get the ones available elsewhere till now. Firstly I love the scent, the ones here have a 'balm mint' fragrance and although it's ok, I love the purple one so much better.The formula feels more creamy and was lovely on my hair. I smoothed it through my hair using a generous amount and seled with lots of Virgin Coconut Oil. I put rhe 4 sections up into bantu knots, covered with a scarf and left overnight.



Washday; Teas and Conditioners




When it came to washing time I decided to change the order of my protein treatment. Instead of putting it on my hair before shampooing, I washed my hair with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo to clarify my hair and then applied the Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner. I left it on for around 20 mins and rinsed with water and followed with a Sage, Peppermint, Rooibus, (unpictured) Rosehip and Hibiscus Tea Rinse.


I deep conditioned with a moisturising mix of Kanechom Karite Butter Hair Moisturising Cream, Avanti Silicon Mix BambĂș Nutritive Hair Treatment and Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Intensive Mask.
I left on my hair for the rest of the day then rinsed with lukewarm water and followed with an ACV rinse.





Washday; Leave Ins.


I smoothed some Virgin Coconut Oil through my hair and airdried for a while then stretched my roots with my hairdryer using cold air as I didn't have much time and wanted to canerow my hair.

I oiled my scalp with Hairlicious and M&S'd with Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Hold & Shine moisture mist, Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Organix Smoothing Liquid Glass Serum. I sectioned off the perimeter of my hair ready for the plaits and camerowed the rest ready for the crochet installation the next day.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)