Tuesday 23 August 2016

The Temptation Was Real - Straight Hair


straight hair up close



What can I say? The temptation to straighten my hair finally got the better of me. Butttt in my defence I have held out for nearly 2 years lol.

I had a Box of Beautiful Textures Naturally Straight Texture Manageability System sitting in my box for 2 years or so. I was too scared to use it after hearing/ watching horror stories of changed hair textures to damage. I have been asked about TMS systems in general and this one in particular and I always gave advice based on the research I had done and offered my box to two people for their daughters.
My poor box however went unclaimed and just sat there looking at me.

I had a wedding to go to of my two wonderful friends and had planned my outfit but was at a loss to the hairstyle, I had a few styles in mind but at the back of my mind an idea to break out the GHD's started to form and as the weeks got closer I was more and more tempted by the thought of straight hair.
I took my BT box out of hiding and Wahhhh!!! The box was squashed and the side had a big splotch mark on it, ugh something inside obviously leaked, I checked and it was the leave in and it felt like it was half gone.... I couldn't give it away now that the box was damaged and product half gone... That made my mind up about the straightening, I decided to try the TMS out as knew it would be a hot day plus I would be singing so humidity would be my enemy. I wanted all the help I could get and TMS is meant to have humidity defence.

Box crushed, open and damaged

I watched thousands (ok not quite but it was a lot) of videos, most were 2 years old as this was when it was released and there was big hype and prominent youtubers and bloggers were given boxes and attended special events etc. There were mixed reviews to be honest and I tried to get follow up posts and videos some did have them.... a couple scarily now had short hair after having to cut theirs due to heat damage (GAHHH) I did notice that these ladies used loads of heat at different times and had different treatments done so I decided to risk it,

I was very happy with the results, my hair was straight and flowy. I used to get straight results anyway but that was with relaxed and then transitioning hair. I wasn't sure how my natural hair would react to heat and as I wear it in it's curly state so much I know it had been "trained" to be curly.
straightened hair

It took quite a long time from start to finish but it was worth it.


Side Swoop (please excuse my expression lol)


The day of the wedding, I had a side swoop fringe/bang and put the rest up in a clippy updo type thing so the front puffed up by the end of the night. I was dancing a lot too at the reception so my edges frizzed up too (I didn't put too much heat on them in the first place though as I wanted to protect them) So I just put the front into two flat twists and clipped the back up again and kept it moving.

Please excuse picture quality, oh and my squinty face



It's now been 11 days since I straightened my hair and although my roots are slightly puffy in places and my edges have won the reversion battle, the length of my hair is still straight and that's where I feel the TMS has done it's part. I have been maintaining my straight hair and I'll do a separate post about that very soon.

I have been loving the quick styling and night time routine/ regime(men) that straight hair has given me and I can see why some choose to be "straight naturals" but I am all to aware of the dreaded heat damage.

I have to wash my hair today because my poor scalp is crying, I'm deliberating whether or not straighten my hair again, or maybe just blow dry it???. I'm curious to see how the system being in my hair will affect my wash and go's and may try it out..... hmmmmm decisions.....
From the instructions and reviews, blowdrying your hair is meant to be so much easier and your hair gets quite straight when using the maintenance products..... hmmmmmmm.

I actually can't decide lol. I'll be sure to let you know what I decided and also discuss how the maintenance products work/feel.

Have you tried this or any other TMS? How did it go? Are you thinking of trying one out?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :)